Product Improvements: Flexible
Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!
301 results found
-
Staging / Cloning - Add ability to ignore certain directories when making new clone or stage
It would be great if we can select the directories or files that should not be cloned or moved at the time of creating a clone or staging site. Sometimes, the WordPress media folder is too heavy to clone for minor updates. And for small tests and changes, it sometimes do not even required. I believe it would be a great addition if we can control that and will allow us to make quick stagings with less disk space.
1 vote -
Improved Resource Utilisation Monitoring and Alerting System: A Requested Feature
Hello Everyone,
I want to start by saying thank you to the Cloudways platform. It is impressive how simple it makes handling intricate server configurations, and it has made a big difference in my workflow. However, I've identified a few areas, particularly in alerting and monitoring for resource utilisation, where I think some significant improvements may be made.
Although the presently available monitoring tools offer fundamental insights into servers metrics, I believe they could be improved, especially with regard to real-time resource utilisation monitoring (CPU, RAM, disc I/O, etc.). For instance, there have been times when the CPU use of…
1 vote -
Implementing Account Switcher
Dear Cloudways Team,
I suggest implementing an "Account Switcher" feature in the Cloudways platform. As a user who manages multiple client accounts, being able to easily switch between different accounts without having to log out and log in each time would greatly enhance efficiency. This feature would streamline the management process and improve the overall user experience.
Thank you for considering this enhancement!
1 vote -
Exclude certain files from being overwritten from live to staging
I wish I could choose which files to overwrite from live to staging.
1 vote -
Only overwrite certain files from live to staging
It would be great if we can choose what files to overwrite on staging from live.
1 vote -
Add docker app support
Hello,
This is an request,it may or may not be fulfilled but I fulfilled,it would be so good.
Add option to deploy dockerized apps.That would be so flexible and very good feature.Since it’s quite frustrating that you’re already not providing root access,in the docs it was mentioned too,I appreciate it.But docker would be a much safer replacement to the root feature request,it would not risk your platform if not given privileged containers.
Thank you.
1 vote -
Vultr High Frequency in Sao Paulo Brazil
Hello guys, do you plan to offer Vultr High Frequency in Sao Paulo Brazil?
I see there's Santiago Chile already available. And Linode Sao Paulo.
It would be nice to have Vultr's option in Sao Paulo.
Thanks
1 vote -
DNS Made Simple - Query current DNS records for import.
For users switching to DNS made easy, it would be beneficial to have an feature that queries the current DNS records for import, much like Cloudflare does when setting up DNS for a new domain.
This would help eliminate potential errors and tedious back and forth while adding existing (sometimes numerous) records.
Ideally, it would have an option to select all the records or choose which records you want to keep.
1 vote -
Safeupdates on staging sites
Enable SafeUpdates on the staging side, perhaps leaving the option to choose whether to update live or staging or both.
The current configuration of SafeUpdates on the live site leaves staging uncovered, which requires a pull from live to be realigned.2 votes -
Auto Backup Option on Git Deploy
Allow an option on git deploy to run an application level backup automatically before pulling new data.
1 vote -
Add MySQL as a database option (not just MariaDB)
Many people are hosting Craft CMS websites on Cloudways. With the coming release of Craft CMS 5, Maria DB is no longer recommended.
See: https://craftcms.com/knowledge-base/craft-database-options-and-best-practices#mariaDB
3 votes -
mysql log
In basic programming, the database log plays a crucial role, as it captures specific database error cases. Including both application errors and MySQL errors in the log is essential for comprehensive error tracking and analysis.
Example for cases: https://kedar.nitty-witty.com/blog/1030-unknown-generic-error-from-engine-in-mysql
1 vote -
wildcard aliases should behave as expected
adding a wildcard subdomain alias to an application breaks other subdomains. eg. If I have an alias of *.domain.com on domain.com and also sub.domain.com as another application, then sub.domain.com will be broken because php scripts will be served form domain.com. this is a bug
1 vote -
SafeUpdate: ignore dynamic content in screenshot comparisons
If you have a slider or other dynamically changing content on your website (ads, banners, etc), those will often look different in the SafeUpdate before/after screenshots - causing the updates to be aborted. There should be a way to exclude these areas, e.g. using CSS selectors. Other hosting providers offer this option with their safe updating tools.
1 vote -
SMTP
Monthly, I pay almost $15, but I don't get enough service. They do not provide a free SMTP service. The same price other hosting provides give the SMTP and other services. So I will transfer the server cloudways to another platform.
1 vote -
It would be great to be able to go back to see the resources analysis from previous months in Autonomous apps.
On autonomous apps I can only see the metrics from the existing month. I'd like to be able to see the data from previous months. It helps to verify any overages I'm charged.
1 vote -
Update your outdated migration videos and information.
You are not showing the updated process for migrating. This makes me concerned that most of your info is outdated. Not a good first impression. I am looking at other hosting companies that are mindful of that.
2 votes -
Email notification when server health becomes problematic.
To my surprise; I don't receive an email notification from the bot when my server becomes "problematic" e.g. when CPU is above 90%.
I have checked the settings and talked with support, without luck.
Please consider making this service available. Thanks.
75 votes -
Automatic database (only) backups
Backups can be heavy (GB). Sometimes you need to access the backup of one databse quickly because you need to retrieve data from 1 of the table. Currently there is no way to do this unless you downlaod the entire backup which can take a long time. I would like to request for scheduled backups of the database (separately) for convenient download and manual manipulation.
1 vote -
Allow for near instant staging branches
A few systems we have used now allow for instant cloning of prod branches. postgres.ai and upsun.com both do this. The trick is to back the prod filesystem/db with ZFS or another filesystem that does copy-on-write which allows for whats kind of a "fork" operation where you can shallow copy a directory, it only tracks the differences. This is insanely usefull as we use it to clone a 20GB DB in like < 2s, run some tests against it, then destroy the db. You could totally the same.
2 votes
- Don't see your idea?